The eighth day of Blogmas actually falls on mine and my boyfriend’s 9 month anniversary and I thought it would be apt to talk about the importance of spreading love at Christmas time. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year for lots and lots of people, but we can’t forget those who are left lost and lonely each December. Terrible things and desperate times don’t care about it being a magical time of year and disaster can strike even at times like this. It’s important to remember that love is the remedy to pain and that if we all work together we can help make Christmas a wonderful time for each and every person.
Ways to spread love at Christmas time…
– Send a Christmas card to someone you haven’t messaged/spoken to in a while, I’m sure they’ll appreciate the gesture
– Wish everyone you see a merry Christmas (this one’s easy!)
– Give away some money that you receive as presents to charity, there are always people more desperately in need of money than you
– Have a purge at home and give any old unwanted things to charity shops or charities which can send your old, unwanted things to disadvantaged families to use as presents
– Help out your family with Christmas dinner instead of just leaving it to your mom (I’m guilty of this one…)
– Create thoughtful gifts which encourage the sharing of love instead of materialism
– Make sure you tell each of your friends and family members that you love them and that you hope they have a wonderful Christmas
– Give to a charity which provides shelter for homeless people (if you’re interested in this idea please do consider donating to my school’s JustGiving page which is raising money for the only permanent homeless shelter in Birmingham, Tabor House; find it here)
– Give up some time to volunteer somewhere and make someone who is struggling have a great Christmas
– Do one random act of kindness a day everyday until Christmas
Spreading love and kindness is an important part of Christmas and I’d love for you all to share one lovely thing in the comments to make someone else’s day a little brighter.
Love Chloe x