Afternoon Tea Lookbook

When I saw this gorgeous 1940s inspired dress on ASOS (here) I couldn’t help but imagine myself sat in a vintage tea room sipping on tea and nibbling on scones whilst overlooking a gorgeous view. If there was ever a dress to whisk me away and into another life, it was this one. When picturing old fashioned, beautiful places naturally I turned straight to Birmingham’s Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses for a plethora of tropical gardens and a beautiful glass tearoom. Shockingly, I’d never actually visited here before but when I found it online I knew I just had to go.

I’ve honestly fallen in love with this dress, every detail is just so beautiful. The lace sleeves add a delicate touch to the piece and I love how it covers not just the shoulders but the top of the back as well. The gathered front creates a very 1940s/1950s vibe which accentuates cleavage in a classy, sophisticated way and also draws in the waist.

The midi length isn’t a length I’d usually go for but for this dress I think it just adds to the elegance of it. This dress is very slimming and the midi length elongates the leg; which is great for us petite girls! The white and floral design is so feminine and pretty whilst adding a pop of colour, which definitely ties in to the flowers all around me.

There isn’t just flowers here, there’s lots of birds too. This beautiful little peacock clearly wanted to feature on my blog!

I paired the dress with these white and mint green block heels which I actually borrowed off my sister. Unfortunately, these are quite old so I’m unable to link to them, however white block heels (such as these) would work just as well. These are a great height for walking around in all day as they’re comfortable and supportive for your ankles, perfect for a day out.

Birmingham’s Botanical Gardens and Glasshouses is a gorgeous getaway from the hustle and bustle of the busy city of Birmingham. With large greenhouses full of tropical plants and so much space filled up with nature it is a lovely place to visit, not only for taking photos, but for appreciating how beautiful nature is. It is like stepping back in time to Britain in the 40s with jazz music playing from a band stand, people having picnics and a quant little tearoom.

I’d definitively recommend visiting Birmingham’s Botanical Gardens, you can book tickets here.

Love Chloe x

38 Comments

1. February 8, 2018 / 3:55 pm

This morning right after was basically watching youtube
    We got word business-related with regards to Afternoon Tea Lookbook.
    However, I didn’t understand without a doubt. Might I depend upon that you simply offer extra details concerning this subject, i highly recommend you?

2. February 8, 2018 / 3:10 pm

Very good job, buddy. I truly respect people who are good at
    writing. Not all people can write as good as the writer of this
    blogging site. A lot of people have complications with authoring.
    It’s great that there are exist web pages exactly like this http://thabullshit.tumblr.com/ which makes reviews on different paper writing organizations.

3. February 7, 2018 / 9:52 am

Hi there, had alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it’s truly educational. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future.

4. January 21, 2018 / 12:22 am

Hi my family member! I want to say that this post is
    awesome, nice written and come with almost all significant infos.
    I would like to look more posts like this .

5. January 20, 2018 / 10:57 pm

Piece of writing writing is also a fun, if you be acquainted with then you can write or
    else it is difficult to write.

6. January 19, 2018 / 9:39 pm

Doskonały post, generalnie to ma sens, chociaż w niektórych
    aspektach bym polemizowała. Na pewno sam blog zasługuje na szacunek.
    Jestem pewna, że tu wrócę.

7. January 18, 2018 / 6:07 pm

Afternoon Tea Lookbook is really popular! If only Naturally i
    were familiar with on there early. And also great friends our group converse about this tool a whole lot of day.
    In fact it is then cool that you choose and guys talk about it a tad too!
    Thankyou!

8. January 18, 2018 / 3:45 pm

This is an excellent prepared write-up! I love
    it very much. Would you distribute a bit of you authoring
    talent with me? It might help a lot in that endless paper authoring for school.
    But there is ways to resolve this issue. If you
    follow this link dissertation writing services reviews you will
    find a website with detailed ratings of web based essay penning
    websites. You can choose the one which is right for you and order a essay you need.

9. January 13, 2018 / 1:30 pm

My turn, mmy turn.? Lɑrry mentioned eɑgеrly wiggling to gеt a chancе to talk.
    ?I ferel tһe very best tһing about God is thɑt he can beat up the satan as a result of the satyan is hoгrifying and mean and ugly and bad and God can beat him up so the
    satan can?t hurt us like he did these demon stuffed people in Jessus day.

10. January 5, 2018 / 8:20 am

Hi there friends, pleasant paragraph аnd pleasant arguments
    commented hеre, I am really enjoying by thеѕe.

11. January 5, 2018 / 6:53 am

I’m glad to be one of many visitors on this outstanding site.
    thanks for posting.

12. January 5, 2018 / 2:10 am

Nice content thank you! We think your articles are excellent and hope there will be more soon.

13. January 3, 2018 / 4:26 am

Em vez ɗisso, eles procuram por imagens com texto alt.

14. December 31, 2017 / 2:32 am

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He was entirely right. This publish truly made my day.
    You cann’t believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this info!
    Thanks!

15. December 18, 2017 / 7:17 am

Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
    to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your weblog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I
    am hoping you write again very soon!

16. December 16, 2017 / 1:36 pm

Before long all of fashionable society was sipping tea and nibbling sandwiches in the middle of the afternoon.

17. December 14, 2017 / 11:52 pm

Another option to have a secure home is to change your lock rather than install a new.
    They are very inexpensive and can be found at your local department
    or hardware store. Are you looking for an effective way to
    protect your family and your home.

18. November 27, 2017 / 1:15 pm

Μommy and Daddy hᥙggеd the twins as a result of іt was getting time to get to beԁ.

?Mommy thinks the perfect factor about Gоd іs he gave mе
    tһеsе two little rascals andd theyre the most effective faⅽtor in Mommy?s world.?

She said cuddling and tickling both boys. That was the type of factor mommies at all times say.
    The ɡiggled and hugged Mommy and have been almost able to
    ggo to their bunk beds when Lee said.